Friday, July 27, 2007

2nd day: Phi Phi island tour

We woke up at 6.30 am to the hotel wake-up call. Had a quick breakfast and we were the first to get ready. We were in the boat by 10.30 am and were set off to our amazing day tour.

After travelling for about an hour, we stopped in middle of the ocean for snorkeling. I jumped in the water after hubby, because I was slightly afraid to be there alone. I have never been in open water in my whole life even in a life jacket. When hubby assured me, I jumped in too.


I only know that I jumped and then stabilized myself. When I turned to look, the boat was so far away. Ofcourse hubby was with me but we both were far from the boat. Either the boat or us would have drifted in a big wave the moment I jumped. I felt as if all my fears were coming true. We decided to swim back near the boat but I couldn't. I couldn't swim because the whole life jacket idea was new to me. I couldn't carry this thing and swim. But hubby had already moved half way near the boat. I got scared and started shouting names as if I were a mad woman.


Hubby asked me to calm down and he was coming near me. Not until then did I notice that there were so many other people with me. It wasn't me but the boat which moved a bit longer when I was not looking. And then we started enjoying. There were like so many fish right there. I could feel the toughness of their bodies, roughness of the skin, the beauty of their colors and their charms. It was so beautiful a sight and I did not want to get back in the boat.


After about an hour, we reached the boat again and set off for the rest of the trip. We travelled again for 30 minutes before we reached south phi phi beach. Oooooh.. I have never seen such a green color in sea. And that too a beach that attracts so many visitors each day. The water was so clean and when we swam, we could see fishes. We had a precious 1 hour spent in that beautiful beach.



We stopped for lunch. We relaxed, ate, took some photos, then more photos and then left.....

After that, we stopped for another session for snorkeling. It almost came as a surprise to me and I jumped this time without any hesitation. And this water clearer than the previous one and there were many more varieties and colors of fish. And there was something more. What was it?




Ahhhhhh... the corals... I dunno where I am. It must be heaven. It surely would have been, if not for the salty taste of the water, which I did not like definitely. But still I din't once feel like leaving this place. I could have swam there forever... But practicality made it's call and I knew my "forever" would be so short if chose to stay there. So we got into the boat again.....





And reached the monkey beach. There are about thousands of monkeys which get friendly when you feed bananas. It was a short halt there and we moved again quickly to reach maya beach or otherwise called "movie beach" where the movie "The Beach" was shot.

Here's a pic of us half in the water. And needless to say, we got wet and dried ourselves again and again for about 6-7 times this day!!!


Wait! Did I mention that we travelled on a speed boat?
And we were sitting in the front tip of the boat and seeing the waves in the sea?
That the sea was already too rough on our way back?
And that I got a back pain by the end of the journey?

We made it a point not to sit in the front tip of a speed boat while travelling for a long time.

And so ended our second day. Our friends who travelled with us to Thailand left as planned and we both stayed back to enjoy the next day!


Oye... it's not good night yet... At 8 pm we decided that we should go to the spa and get a good Thai massage. The resort spa was already booked for the day and we enquired at the reception about any good spas outside.

And I love this thing with the Thais.... we just asked them if they knew. The receptionist called some spa to enquire and within 10 minutes, we were in a car from the spa centre, on our way (PS. it was raining heavily already). Hubby did a 120 minutes' Thai massage and I took a 50 minutes' dead sea mud pack. And we forgot our cameras back in the room... So no pics....


We had our dinner and came back to the room for a good good night's sleep......

And we are snoring already grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................................................

No comments: