Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ill planned but entirely amazing start of the trip!

Whenever you think of doing something enjoyable, your body loses its mind and so does your alarm clock.

Last night we thought that 2 days were not enough for an "international trip" (as hubby and i named it). And this morning our alarm clock failed to go off. So did our bodies. We woke up at 9 am right on time for the hotel breakfast which closes at 10. At 10 am, all the island tours were booked. So we did what we had already wanted. We extended the hotel booking and postponed the trip back home by a day.

Then we booked an ATV tour. I was excited to see that we were going to ride in muddy and rocky paths. Dreams apart, finally actually in the ATV, I was sure that I'll have fun.

When we all took our places and started following the instructor riding the ATV, I noticed that hubby was so far away from me. Fate had me next to the instructor and hubby almost the last in the line. I shouted to the instructor asking him to wait so that hubby can come near me. But this not-so-nice guy told me that we were gonna be together all over the tour and there's nothing to worry!

So off we went on a nice tar road and I was so happy to be driving again. We went on and on until a left turn we went on a rocky path. Things were exciting for me so far. An instructing woman, who had noticed I was slowing down many-a-times came over to help me. She climbed on to the ATV and literally she was driving, with me clutching uncomfortably to the vehicle. I shouted to her that I did not need any help of hers and that I would drive myself. She cursed me that if I had an accident, I should not blame her. Silently I called her names for talking so to a tourist who is just starting to ride the bike.


And then I drove alone only to stop the ATV shortly and blink helplessly. It was actually a too steep to ride kind of mountain path and I felt sure that I cannot make it up the road. I got help again from another instructor who was riding behind us (by this time, I was the last).


With little (ok, more than little) help from the instructors, I drove along through the mountain path. We saw this scenery on our way!

And we came back on our way by the end of 1 hour and this time I was not afraid as much as I was in the beginning. When we hit the road again, I missed the rocky path and thought I could have done better without taking help. Why didnt I do it when I WAS there?



But it was not the end though! We had another 1 hour of riding round and round through a muddy area. We enjoyed every bit of it, and this time I was the last, not in riding speed, but wanting to finish the tour......


Back in the hotel, we shifted to our swimming attire, picked up the beach bag and left for the Patong beach. We went parasailing first and then had 30 minutes of jet skiing fun. We didnt have a water resistant camera, so no photos for memory, but no photo can capture all that fun.


Parasailing was a bliss I really felt like I could fly. I enjoyed it completely except for the pain that the safety belts were causing in my chest. And jetskiing was great fun. We could do anything given a vessel that can fly and a sea full of water and no traffic signals. I have never been so far into the sea from the sandy beaches. I loved it!



We reached the hotel back in time to get ready for the next plan: Phuket FantaSEA. It showcases the charms and beauty of Thailand. A must see!

And we came back home, tired and sleepy and slept peacefully.
Yeah! We did request a wake-up call from the hotel guys!

No comments: